Sunday, May 17, 2015

Weekly 15

Finals Week = pretty awful

Pretty big chunk of this blog post might just be me complaining and talking about how much work I have to do.

I had my Production Studio Final and peer evals on Friday.  I had a Casual Game Development Final Project due on Monday.  I had a final cumulative exam for music class on Tuesday.  I also had my FOSS final on Tuesday.  Then on Wednesday, I have 2 papers due...These are the worst.  One essay has to be 10 pages long and the other has to be 5 pages.  They are also both due at 12 which I find kind of annoying because neither of my scheduled exam times are at that time.  So basically I have a ton of work and haven't been getting very much sleep lately, but good news is, come Thursday I'll be at home in a comfy bed with no work hanging over me :)

I was happy to be able to spare about 3 hours this past weekend to watch Mad Max with my friend - pretty awesome film.

Even as I write this blog post, I am frantically putting the finishing touches on my BizLegFoss blog.

On a totally different note...

I would be lying if I said the last meeting for this BizLegFoss class wasn't extremely bittersweet.  I enjoyed this class waaay more than I thought I was going to, and I actually already thought I was going to enjoy it.

I honestly think this class had the perfect combination of a set of students who were all very interested in the class topics, and a professor who was as engaging as a prof could possibly be.  I feel like I probably learned more in this class than any of my other classes, and I think I found it more interesting than my other classes, which is pretty nuts because I'm a software developer and this class was mainly huge on research with the software development mainly being working on the course repo.  I'll miss this class the most and I'm super sad that I won't be able to complete the decause trilogy of classes(I only took HFOSS and BizLegFOSS) on account of him moving onto bigger and better things with Red Hat Fedora - very cool stuff.

Anyways, overall this semester was pretty great.  Had a way heavier class load than I would have preferred, but I also learned a ton, and actually had a great time.

Wishing everyone in my BizLeg class good luck in the future.  Shameless plug for Liam: http://www.reddit.com/r/decausegonewild

No comments:

Post a Comment