Sunday, May 10, 2015

Weekly 14

Last week of classes, and it wasn't even a full week :)

We finished up our profiles for my Business and Legal FOSS class(the class this blog has mainly about) and we started pushing them up onto a Git Book.  This was yet another awesome idea by teh #1 Prof decause (github.com/decause).  It was really cool because we got to see all of our research pushed to production and put up somewhere where the information can benefit others - super cool stuff!!!  We also did peer evals, the templates for which were standardized through conversation with aforementioned #1 prof and the students.  Personally, I ported over my team's profile for SFC and the commit got merged :)

In other news, we watched our last film for German Cinema class called "The Wave" which was a really freaky movie about a fictional event where a teacher essentially established an autocracy in his classroom.  The film was very interesting and entertaining and an overall great choice to end the semester on.  In my Japanese Film class, we talked about one last reading of the short story "Kitchen" which is about a woman in modern Japan dealing with the loss of her grandmother.  Kind of a sad note to end on, but very relevant.

My Casual Game Development classes were dedicated to finalizing our Project 3 game.  My friend and I continued some steady work on our horror game and decided to call it Dark Room.  My Music class wrapped up with the Modern Era of music, talking about jazz, avant-garde, and film music.

Last thing worth mentioning is that we finally finished my Production Studio project once and for all.  I can easily say that this was one of the most stressful projects I had this year.  I worked on adding some diversity to the scene.  Specifically, if you refresh the app in the browser, it will either load with a land theme, that populates with a ground terrain and some mushrooms, towers, and deer, or it will load with a water theme that has an octopus, some aquatic plants, and different towers.  I also worked on getting the models to spawn on top of the floating islands to make the scene more interesting.  I was actually pretty surprised by how quickly this last project milestone came together and it looked a lot better than I thought it was going to.  I would link to the project, but its private on Github under RIT-MAGIC :(

My week literally ended with peer evals for my Production Studio class on Friday.  It was sad to say goodbye to everyone :(

No comments:

Post a Comment