Sunday, May 3, 2015

Weekly 13

Almost done!

My friend and I started on our Casual Game Development Final Project this week.  The guidelines are extremely open and non restrictive(which we like in the FOSS world).  We decided we were going to make a 3D game using the three js library.  The reason I am so stoked for this game, is because we decided to give it a creepy horror theme, which is something I have never done before, but I always wanted to try!

We also continued learning three js by doing some ICE's.  In the assignments, we had to gradually create a 3D version of the classic arcade game "Pong".  This was a pretty cool assignment, and especially by the last update, the game looked really cool.  We implemented shadows, lighting, and made a camera system that was pretty complex looking.  Again I highly suggest checking out three js if you're interested in 3D development of any kind within the browser world (https://github.com/mrdoob/three.js/)

Japanese Film class began wrapping up this week.  We started watching our final film Tora-San, which is actually a lighthearted comedy about a "lovable oaf".  There is a lot of, kind of, low level slapstick comedy that people who like wittier jokes might not enjoy, but I actually thought the movie was hilarious, and its a great change of pace from the more serious films we usually watch.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otoko_wa_Tsurai_yo).

We watched our second to last film "The Baader Meinhof Complex" in my German Cinema class.  This film was pretty awesome, and it fuses elements of real historical events with dramatized action sequences.  Some people did not like this combination because they felt it made the movie to fictionalized, but I thought it made the movie way easier to watch.  In other news, I wonder what would happen if they made a Hollywood movie script an open source project...

No comments:

Post a Comment