Sunday, February 22, 2015

Weekly 4

So this week was pretty heavy on work.

My Global Cinema German Film class had our first essay due.  I chose to write about the expressionist art style prominent in the movie Metropolis.  In the movie, characters are given an outward image that directly correlates to their inner emotions.  The film also uses special effects to further convey how characters are feeling internally.

My Japanese Film class finished up Rashomon and we discussed the film afterwords.  Overall reaction to the film was pretty good, with the average rating being around a 7 or an 8.  I was closer to the higher ratings as I think this is one of the best, most innovative films ever made.

My Casual Game Development class assigned teams of 2 and started coming up with game ideas for our project 1.  My friend Alan(github.com/AlanLeeson) came up with the idea for a game where the player controls a rabbit that can burrow into the ground by planting bombs.  The theme for the game is "Chain Reaction" so we kept that in mind when first coming up with the idea.

My Production Studio class put together a demo where I worked really hard to make the terrain, and ultimately, I realized that we didn't have floating islands in the scene, so I added those as well.  We are currently using Three.js for the 3D scene building, and sonic.api for music analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment