Sunday, February 15, 2015

Weekly 3

This week in Bizlegfoss...we discussed the GPL license - see the litreview post for more on this.  I like finally getting to dive deeper into the FOSS licenses that are a part of basically every project that I work on through github.  I quickly realize that I know so little about what the licenses actually do, which is funny because it turns out it's all actually extremely interesting stuff!

In production studio, we split into 2 groups - 1 group for getting as much information from an audio file as we can, and 1 group for putting together a 3d scene with floating islands, terrain, and a sky in.  Hence the project has been titled "Floating Islands" which I would link to if the project was not private on github :(

My Casual Game Development class continued working on our chain reaction circles game.  The game involves a bunch of 2d circles floating around.  When the user clicks one circle, it explodes and causes all circles around it to explode.  The player wants to remove as many circles from the game as they can.  This is all programmed in javascript and is playable on the web, although I do not currently have it hosted anywhere.

My German film class watched Metropolis, another old black and white infamous melodrama.  My Japanese film class watched the even more infamous movie Rashomon by director Akira Kurosawa.  This film is awesome if you are in to samurai culture, or even if you just want to see a revolutionary movie.

Last thing to note about this week is that my music class got started on the Medieval, Renaissance, and Baroque Eras.

No comments:

Post a Comment