Tuesday, February 3, 2015

First Flight

Welcome to another one of my FOSS blogs!  This blog is mainly a place where I can put up posts for my Business and Legal Aspects of Free and Open Source Software Course.  I am super excited to be taking this class especially after how great my Humanitarian Free and Open Source Software Course was.  One incredibly cool thing about this course is that it is 1 of the only classes in the world managed through a github open source repo website.  This can be found and forked from here: https://github.com/decause/bizlegfoss or if you want to just see what the site looks like on the user side, check it out here: http://bizlegfoss-ritigm.rhcloud.com/

This website and repo are managed by the one and only awesome course professor Remy Decausemaker (github.com/decause).  As a student in the BizLegFoss class, I am required to add things to the repo and this specific blog post is a part of one of those assignments.  For this post, I am supposed to detail what my experience was like in terms of setting up a github account, making my blog, and editing the course repo.

I would be speaking about how I downloaded HexChat and used commands to register my IRC username(snapschott), and then proceeded to signup with blogger to make this blog that you are reading, and then signed up with github to work on open source projects, but I already did all of these things last semester.  You can read my "first" first flight here: http://andrewhfoss.blogspot.com/2014/08/first-flight.html.

For this iteration of my First Flight, all I really had to do was make a new blog on my account, and then create a new file in the github repo I linked to in the first paragraph of this post.  It was definitely nice to have already had a head start for this class and I really look forward to continuing in the Remy Decausemaker series of FOSS classes.  Stay tuned for more posts coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment