Sunday, February 1, 2015

Weekly 1

Week 1 of classes

Classes started on Monday, August 25.  This semester I originally grabbed these courses:

  • Business & Legal Aspects of Free and Open Source Software
  • Production Studio
  • Casual Game Development
  • Linux Software Development -Switched for Modern Japan in History, Fiction, and Film
  • Global Cinemas
  • Introduction to Music
Unfortunately, after a lengthy talk with my adviser, I decided to switch out my Linux Software Development class for Modern Japan in History, Fiction, and Film.  I am still quite interested in minoring in Free and Open Source Software, but I made this move because my adviser and I decided it would be best to knock out my Immersion requirement before going full force at getting a minor.  This new class fits the immersion of "Film Studies" which I am extremely interested in.

While I was sort of pleased with my final schedule, it was a real pain getting all of my classes sorted out because a lot of the one's I initially wanted to take filled up before I could even enroll.  Another unfortunate outcome of this schedule is that I ended up enrolled in 6 classes whereas I have only ever taken 5 at a time.

Aside from the bad news of the somewhat heavier course load with 6 total classes, 3 of which are advanced Interactive Games and Media electives, my courses actually seemed pretty enjoyable.  Nothing much to report this week aside from that initial positive reaction.  All of my profs just went over the course descriptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment