Saturday, April 4, 2015

Weekly 9

Second Profile was due for Business and Legal Aspects of FOSS.  You can read about that in my other blog post!  This one was on Fiscal Sponsorship Organizations.  My group handled the Software Freedom Conservancy.  I really liked reading about this company not just because it serves as a great business model example, but also because the SFC seems like a great company to help FOSS developers.

We watched a very artistic film called Yesterday's Girl in my German film class.  I would make a link to the film, but I don't know that its really worth watching because I am still trying to make sense of it.  The film served as a departure from traditional German film making and was an extremely stylistic, artistic, experimental movie.  It was very disjointed and hard to tell what was going on.  I did enjoy the film, I just had trouble keeping up with it.

Our second Project was due for my Casual Game Development class.  You can check out my final product here: http://alanleeson.com/ShapeShatter/shapeShatter.html.  I am actually super proud of this game and I think is one of the best games I have worked on at RIT.  The idea is, its a mobile casual game where you drag a line across the screen and try to destroy as many shapes as you can.  The game is called Shape Shatter!  We implemented some aspects from the Bubbles mobile ICE we made a few weeks ago and just went from there.

My Japanese Film class continued watching the 47 Ronin film and discussing a correlation to the Confucian relationships that governed who was to be loyal and sub servant to who.

No comments:

Post a Comment