Sunday, April 19, 2015

Weekly 11

This week it finally happened - we watched a film in my German Cinema class that wasn't extremely old and obscure.  We watched a movie called Run Lola Run, which actually did extremely well even internationally.  This was a great change for the class, because the film was very modern, upbeat, and even had some animation in it.  In terms of a national cinema, the movie showed a lot of the recently united Germany of the time.  Run Lola Run - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0130827/

In my Japanese Film class, we had to read a novel called Kokoro, and watch a movie called Tokyo Story.  I would rather not talk about these because they are pretty sad, and also honestly kind of boring.  They do a great job of showcasing the transition from Meiji to Modern Japan though.  Unfortunately, Kokoro is a novel all about being lonely and miserable, and Tokyo Story is all about a family that has drifted apart, and then something tragic happens to them.

In Casual Game Development, we learned some really cool new stuff involving Javascript and Ecmascript 6.  There are a bunch of ways to try and implement classes and real Object Oriented Programming within Javascript, and we learned about them all today.  While this is really great to learn about, I don't care much about utilizing classes in javascript as it has always felt hacky and wrong to me.  Luckily, the newer methods we learned about did actually seem more promising.

My Production Studio class put together some new demos.  I worked on the asset creation team where I got to model some towers and a bird in Maya!  This was fun because I hadn't gotten to do any 3D modeling work in awhile and I really enjoy it.  Unfortunately, after importing everyone's new changes, the projects all kind of broke, so for the next few weeks, we have to work on figuring out what is broken, and how we can fix the problems.

My Music class got our exams back from the Classical Era.  I did pretty well.  We also transitioned into the Romantic Era.  This is a pretty traditional standard class, and its kind of hard to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment