Sunday, March 15, 2015

Weekly 6

After going over Business Models last week, we actually made our first company profile this week.  I really like this assignment because I find I am learning a ton about a legitimate business and how they work.  I think my enjoyment of this project is also very much thanks to my teammates dropofwill(github.com/dropofwill) and Kocsen(github.com/kocsen) because we did a great job of managing our team and our meet up times.  Ultimately we just got together at the time we set and populated the profile with information.  It went very smoothly and the presentation was done in no time.

My Casual Game Development class started on a new ICE today.  I really like this assignment because it handles mobile development in a browser.  I thought this was amazing because I didn't even know that mobile browsers supported HTML5 games.  The game we have to make is very simple, it resizes to the screen size and spawns "bubbles" that float to the top of the screen that the player can pop by clicking on.  The ICE was not too hard or time consuming and I think it was a very beneficial assignment to do.  My friend and I are thinking we probably want to incorporate mobile gaming into our next project for this class.

We continued watching Seven Samurai in my Japanese Film class.  For those of you who don't know, the film is set in Warring States Era Japan, and features a town that is threatened by bandits.  To defeat the bandits, the villagers seek help from masterless wandering samurai called ronin.  After trying to recruit many samurai by offering food and shelter, the villagers are finally able to assemble a team of 7 samurai - hence the title.  The movie then follows the samurai's plans to save the village from the bandits.

Not much else worth noting.  My music class was working on the Classical Era this week, which was awesome because we are finally listening to music that I can enjoy, from concertos to sonatas.  These aren't exactly the songs I listen to on a daily basis, but they are not as bad as the very old songs we listened to last unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment