Sunday, March 1, 2015

Weekly 5

This week was a nice slow down after the pretty eventful last 4 weeks.  In my Casual Game Development class, our teams of 2 presented what we had so far and everyone voted on what demo was their favorite, to give that project extra credit points.  I liked doing this because I found it made all of the teams work harder on their deliverable because we all wanted to be voted the favorite game.  We actually did end up scoring some extra credit points for what we had!

In my Global Cinema - German Film class, we watched something called a "Rubble Film" which takes place in the ruins of Berlin in Post WWII Germany.  It was pretty amazing to watch especially because they actually filmed in the ruins of the war, so the damage was very real.  In my Modern Japanese History in Film class, we started discussing the Warring States Period.

In my Production Studio class, we worked on merging the "audio team's" work with the "graphics team's" work.  This was a total pain because since the group in total had about 12 people, everyone just relied on someone else to do all the work, and very few people ended up committing changes until last minute.  Ultimately, we did manage to pull together a very simple, but pretty broken demo fusing the music and sound.


In other news, my Introduction to Music class had its first quiz on reading music and describing music objectively, as well as our first exam on the Medieval, Renaissance, and Baroque Eras.  I did extremely well on both exams although not without long hours of studying.  I think this is one of those classes that people will assume is a lot easier than it actually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment